International Student Program
As a non-government school, our situation parallels that of private colleges. Students must first apply for admission to the school. This application must be made by ALL students seeking enrollment, whether or not they are already enrolled students. Re-enrollment is NOT automatic.
Gaston Christian School currently uses the following agencies:
China Project Hope, Inc.
DM Discoveries Private High School Program (DMD PHP)
New Oasis International Education
GCS is committed to helping students mature spiritually and excel academically in order to help them impact the kingdom of God by living productive Christian lives. If pursuing this goal is not the desire of the student and his/her family, we will not have an effective partnership thus preventing us from developing a cooperative team effort.
Admission to GCS is based on the following:
- Prior academic and behavioral performance
- Standardized test scores (SLEP or TOEFL)
- International Student Reference Forms
- Phone/Skype Interview with school official
Step 1. Complete forms and Return to Admissions Office for Processing
Forms to submit via email, fax, or U.S. mail: (6th-12th grade)
- GCS Admission Application Packet
- Agency Application Packet
- SLEP/TOEFL test score sheet
- Middle and High school transcripts (translated into English)
- School Reference
- GCS Financial Policies for International Students
- Student Homestay Participation Form
- Proof of Health Insurance
- International Student Immunizations Form
- Current physical or health exam
Step 2. If Accepted
- Notified by email or phone call by the Admissions Director.
- GCS official will mail the I-20.
- Students must arrange an interview with the U.S. Embassy in their respective country to obtain an F-1 Visa.
- GCS Student Coordinator will contact student/agent with Homestay information.
- Full payment must be received prior to the first day of school before the student can be enrolled (Contact Business Office, (704) 349-5025).
- *Agency/Student must submit U.S. Equivalency transcript for any courses taken outside of the United States.
*Two recommended websites for U.S. Equivalency transcript:
- Josef Silny: Ph:(305) 273-1616
- Worldwide Education Services:
Frequently Asked Questions:http://www.wes.org/
Step 3. If Denied Admission to GCS
* Notified by email or phone call by a GCS official.
Admission and Reenrollment Policies
- If full payment is not made prior to first day of school, then student’s application will be placed on financial hold.
- A student cannot attend school until financial arrangements have been made.
- Reenrollment to GCS is not automatic.
If an International student withdraws within the first quarter of school, the family is responsible for a minimum of 25% (1/4) of the annual fee. If a student withdraws during the year, the family is financially responsible for each quarter during which the student attended.
Links for forms: